• To efficiently and safely operate the plant and follow dispatch instructions of NPCC in accordance with the terms of PPA;
• Develop and lead a team of professionals for all operational activities of Plant.
• Ensure compliance with all environmental, health and safety policies, laws and regulations.
• Development of procedures and instructions, including safety procedures, statutory regulations, outage schedules and routine test and inspection schedules.
• Improve standard plant operating procedures, loss control procedures and control room practices to accepted industry standards and ensure that the plant is operated in compliance with best engineering practices.
• Assist the Plant Manager in the preparation of departmental budgets and goals.
• Work with the Maintenance Manager in administering the preventative and corrective maintenance program.